IMPORTANT INFORMATION COVID-19
Mareeba Aged Care's top priority remains the safety of our residents, staff, families and visitors. Since the start of the Pandemic
our policy has been to take a cautious approach in order to better protect our residents, staff, visitors and families.
This includes taking a number of actions including:
- Continually monitoring information and advice regarding the Pandemic,
- Restricting who can enter the facility,
- Screening everyone entering the facility, and
- Undertaking a risk assessment for all Resident Excursions.
In forming our policies and processes we are guided by advice from government, state and federal health departments, and industry peak
bodies. The situation is extremely fluid with circumstances changing daily and as such our policy may change without notice.
CURRENT RESTRICTIONS – ON ENTRY
Please refer to the current Visitation Plan provided in the neighbouring list.
The following visitors and staff (including visiting workers) will not be permitted to enter the facility:
Anyone who has in the last 14 days returned from:
- A currently listed hotspot or cluster area in NSW, interstate or overseas
Anyone who has had contact with someone who has in the last 14 days returned from:
- A currently listed hotspot or cluster area in NSW, interstate or overseas.
(Please refer to the NSW Health website or contact Mareeba during office hours to confirm current hotspot
- Those who have been in contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
Those who have been in contact with a suspected or possible case of COVID-19 (i.e. someone who is currently waiting for test results)
- Those with fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); and
- Those who have not been vaccinated against influenza.