IMPORTANT INFORMATION COVID-19
Mareeba Aged Care's top priority remains the safety of our residents, staff, families and visitors. Since the start of the Pandemic
our policy has been to take a cautious approach in order to better protect our residents, staff, visitors and families.
This includes taking a number of actions including:
- Continually monitoring information and advice regarding Covid-19
- Restricting who can enter the facility
- Screening everyone entering the facility
- Rapid Antigen Testing for staff, visitors and residents as required.
In forming our policies and processes we are guided by advice from government, state and federal health departments, and industry peak
bodies. The situation is extremely fluid with circumstances changing daily and as such our policy may change without notice.
CURRENT RESTRICTIONS – ON ENTRY
The following visitors and staff (including visiting workers) will not be permitted to enter the facility:
unless they have undertaken and received a negative result from a COVID-19 RAT test on the same day
that they attend the care facility.
- been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19
- any symptoms of COVID-19 (other than symptoms caused by a known health condition or medication).
Visitors must not enter a RACF if they have:
tested positive to COVID-19. Visitors must not enter an RACF for at least 7 days after their positive test,
unless authorised by the RACF for compassionate reasons.
- been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. They should avoid visiting an RACF for at least 7 days.
have any COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.